DEC Emulation Website (Main Page) -- PDP-1 -- PDP-4 -- PDP-6 -- PDP-7 -- PDP-8 -- PDP-9 -- PDP-10 -- PDP-11 -- PDP-15 -- VAX -- Alpha -- MIPS -- FPGA -- Other: Honeywell DPS-6 -- Other: Honeywell DPS-8
The DEC PDP-7 Emulation Webpage
Last Updated: 2018-12-22
- (2018-12-22) Added a link to UNIX for the PDP-7
- (2017-10-11) Starting to update the webpages after a decade long haitus, additionally the webpages just moved from the homedirectory at my old ISP, to a server of mine.
- (2006-01-22) Links on this webpage updated.
- (2006-01-20) SIMH V3.5-2 released.
- (2003-10-31) All links on the site have been updated to reflect the new location of Al Kossow's Documentation archive which has been moved to http://www.bitsavers.org/pdf.
- (2003-10-30) Due to a recent disk loss, Al Kossow's documentation archive has moved to http://www.bitsavers.org/pdf. I haven't had time to update the links on this site that link to his site.
- (2003-09-12) SIMH V3.0-2 Released
- (2001-12-01) The PDP-10 Emulation page expands to be the DEC Emulation Website.
Table of Contents
- Obtain an emulator
- Obtain Installation Documentation
- Obtain Software
- Obtain Further Documentation
- Adding Additional Software
- Mailing Lists
- Related PDP-7 Links
Step 1. Obtain an emulator:
- Bob Supnik's simh
- Good multiplatform support
- Current Release V3.10-0 RC1 (last updated June 1st, 2018)
Step 2. Obtain Installation Documentation:
Step 3. Obtain Software:
- UNIX was born on the PDP-7, and has now been revived, thanks to painstacking efforts, using scans of the original source.
- SIM-8 Bob Supnik's site
Step 4. Obtain Further Documentation
Step 5. Adding Additional Software
Related PDP-7 Links
- The Creation of the UNIX Operating System: The famous PDP-7 comes to the rescue
- The Third DEC computer in Australia (old site via archive.org)
- Tore S. Bekkedal's PDP-7 Restoration project (old site via archive.org)
- PDP-7 / PDP-9 Systems - DEC
DEC Emulation Website (Main Page) -- PDP-1 -- PDP-4 -- PDP-7 -- PDP-8 -- PDP-9 -- PDP-10 -- PDP-11 -- PDP-15 -- VAX -- Alpha -- MIPS -- FPGA