DEC Emulation Website (Main Page) -- PDP-1 -- PDP-4 -- PDP-6 -- PDP-7 -- PDP-8 -- PDP-9 -- PDP-10 -- PDP-11 -- PDP-15 -- VAX -- Alpha -- MIPS -- FPGA
The DEC PDP-1 Emulation Webpage
Last Updated: 16JAN2018
Starting to update the webpages after a decade long haitus, additionally the webpages just moved from the homedirectory at my old ISP, to a server of mine.
- (22JAN2006) Links on this webpage updated.
- (20JAN2006) SIMH V3.5-2 released.
- (31OCT2003) All links on the site have been updated to reflect the new location of Al Kossow's Documentation archive which has been moved to http://www.bitsavers.org/pdf.
- (30OCT2003) Due to a recent disk loss, Al Kossow's documentation archive has moved to http://www.bitsavers.org/pdf. I haven't had time to update the links on this site that link to his site.
- (12SEP2003) SIMH V3.0-2 Released
- (03FEB2002) SIMH V2.9 Released
- (01DEC2001) The PDP-10 Emulation page expands to be the DEC Emulation Website.
Table of Contents
- Obtain an emulator
- Obtain Installation Documentation
- Obtain Software
- Obtain Further Documentation
- Adding Additional Software
- Mailing Lists
- Related PDP-1 Links
Step 1. Obtain an emulator:
- Bob Supnik's simh
- Good multiplatform support
- Current Release Version 3.5-2 (last updated January 20th, 2006)
- Java LISP emulator at MIT
- Java Spacewar emulator at MIT
Step 2. Obtain Installation Documentation:
Step 3. Obtain Software:
Step 4. Obtain Further Documentation
Step 5. Adding Additional Software
Related PDP-1 Links
- PDP-1 Plays at Spacewar
- The Story of ... PDP-1
- PDP-1 Music (Dead Link)
- The Friden Flexowriter
- The DIGITAL hall page has a nice picture of a PDP-1 prototype
- RCS/RI has a couple more PDP-1 pictures up
DEC Emulation Website (Main Page) -- PDP-1 -- PDP-4 -- PDP-7 -- PDP-8 -- PDP-9 -- PDP-10 -- PDP-11 -- PDP-15 -- VAX -- Alpha -- MIPS -- FPGA